Welcome to UCSM family forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to UCSM family forum

Let's gather and share

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Common Incorrect Pronunciation of IT Usage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KingLeo

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Common Incorrect Pronunciation of IT Usage Empty
PostSubject: Common Incorrect Pronunciation of IT Usage   Common Incorrect Pronunciation of IT Usage Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:34 pm

Dear All,
Actually, I'm not an expert in English Pronunciation. If you have already used correct Pronunciation to these words I am going to present, please forgive me.
I have noticed that the Pronunciations we used in my university for Default, Specific, Exchange, ... are incorrect.
We can use http://www.m-w.com or other dictionary web sites that include audio for the words to get correct Pronunciation.
Once SaYarMya ( Mya Than Tint) said, "When we are going to give,we don't need to have the very exact pronunciation. But when we are going to get from them, we must have."
So, if we are going to abroad as an Owner of an Enterprise,we don't need to have correct pronunciation. But, when the IT industries from abroad came to our country or when you are going to work in abroad, their demand would be skillful IT technicians with fluent english. So, it'll be great for us to pronounce correctly especially IT terms. So, please share other Pronunciation what you noticed.

Please forgive me if there's some mistake in my post.

Thanks,
Leo
Back to top Go down
NetSnow
NetSnow

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Common Incorrect Pronunciation of IT Usage Empty
PostSubject: pronounciation   Common Incorrect Pronunciation of IT Usage Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 4:55 pm

Nice job,leo. I also want to add these words.

1. Error
2. Screen
3. Variety (\və-ˈrī-ə-tē\)
4. Simultaneous (\ˌsī-məl-ˈtā-nē-əs )

Non-IT
1. Homage (\ˈä-mij, ˈhä-\)
2. Lyrics (
\ˈlir-ik\)

This topic is nice and very helpful. I hope everybody's going to take part in this. We are waiting for you.

Regards,
netsnow
Back to top Go down

Common Incorrect Pronunciation of IT Usage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to UCSM family forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: